03 April 2008

Libris Purgatorium


Bookshelf by Colin Thompson

I woke up this morning and while looking at the bookstacks on the floor in front of me it struck me that i couldn't remember the last time i picked up a book with the intention of reading it, as i now try to force myself to remember it strikes me that it's been months (since the 6th of February to be precise)...
Next i try to remember about the last time i bought a book, LT informs me that my last purchase was Wilkie Collins' The Woman in White on the 21st of January... Just the thought makes my panicky...
I try to pacify myself by going to look at the number of my TBR list (347) and if that isn't enought the sight of my Currently Reading list (31) soothes me...
Now the oddest thing... I've read more books this year so far than in the whole of the last one, it's all thanks to my DS who has even taken over the job of MP3 player...
Still it's about time that i went back in the game, went back to really reading, not to mention i have a giftcard to spend so that means i NEED to buy a new book, and if it's one i can pick out immediately all the better, the giftcard is for Fnac, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment