29 June 2007

Steal this Meme: 8 random (but bookish) things

Lol, yet another meme from Bloggerdybooks!, only this time i decided to steal it.
In fact i liked some of her answers so much i'll just comment on them. (comments in italics):

1. I like to read the book before watching the movie, even though I know I’ll hate the movie that way.
Yeap, and i usually always hate the movie after

2. I love happy endings over sad endings. But that doesn’t mean I’ll take any old cheesy happy ending. It has to be happy and believable.
Again too true, sadly most writers these days do everything for the hollywood ending

3. Sometimes I can’t resist. I sneak a peek at the last page. Sometimes I’m too nosy for my own good and spoil the fun in reading the book. Sometimes fortunately the last page doesn’t reveal much. The author is probably writing with readers like me in mind. :P
I don't sneak a peek but i go online and check out pages and opinions on the book, or can't resist commenting with someone who has already read that particular book.

4. I’m a bit ashamed if I were to go out with a chick lit book in my hands. So I always hold the book with the cover facing my body.
Replace Chick-Lit with Fantasy-Lit.

5. As a child, I devoured Enid Blytons my parents bought me from garage sales. I particularly recall enjoying The Faraway Tree, The Wishing Chair and the Amelia Jane books with fondness. I also loved this Enid Blyton book called The Three Brownies. I can’t find it anywhere now, not even online shopping!
Close enough i read all The Five books in my library, i wasn't alowed many books as a child because of my bad eyesight.

6. I also enjoyed reading this Singaporean series called The Bookworm Gang. Nope, nothing much to do with bookworms; it’s a group of young schoolchildren with different personalities and the adventures they get up to in Singapore.
Similarly in Portugal we have a local series called "An adventure..." the writers were actually teachers in my school, i hadn't realized at the time but i thought all schools in the country were identical to mine.

7. I’d read any book if it was hyped enough, so I can show off and say I read it. Hah!
I don't read it immediately although i often buy them... :P

8. I’m afraid of losing my sight in the future. Right now my spectacles prescription power is very high. If I go blind one day, how will I read? (Braille books are difficult to come by and quite unaffordable as such in Malaysia.)
Yeap that is a big concern, i've wore glasses ever since they could put them on me, and my job as a programmer is not helpful at all, i wouldn't go with Braille books though, they're just too big, not to mention expensive and hard to come by, i'd have to stick with Audiobooks...

I dare YOU to steal this meme...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous29/6/07 16:12

    didn't think of audiobooks... definitely cheaper than braille books now!

    wow, do you mean that your teachers are published authors? that's really something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Portugal is definitely a smaller country.
    But these books were quite the rage as a teenager!
    They're still pretty active for today's kids, they've even made a TV series.

    ReplyDelete