27 June 2007

Locked Out

This morning as i'm leaving the house, while i'm closing the door, right before it closes shut my mind screams: "No! You forgot to put your keys in your bag!!!"
It was a good warning, too bad it came a couple of seconds late, my first thought as i recall that my parents are some 6-7 hours drive in another country?
"I am never going to hear the end of this..."
I take several deep breaths and try my best not to panic and calmly figure a solution.
"Hmm mom just told me like 5 minutes ago that i could go to our neighbour D. Alice for anything, maybe she has a set of keys..."
So i go to meet our old neighbour, she does not have the keys but she'll help me find someone to climb to the first floor and break through my window, the carpenters who live nearby are on an assignment somewhere, also my dad's colleagues who are stonemasons don't seem to be around, today i realized that my street is practically solely inhabited by construction workers, which is not bad because there is no lack of men with ladders willing to climb into people's houses.
Me and D. Alice go into the local tavern and try to see if we know someone, and there is my grandma's neighbour Sr. Lionel having his breakfast, him and his friend gladly decide to help me, while Sr. Lionel is going to get a ladder, his friend tries a series of assorted methods to unlock my door, another revelation, i have a very good lock, i should remember to tell this to my dad, the reason why there is no spare key anywhere is because we changed the lock a month ago.
Sr. Lionel finally returns with the ladder, his friends goes up and climbs my bedroom window, which is always open so my cat can catch a little sunlight and fresh air (i can imagine her panic...), he goes in, and opens the door, i run to the place where i knew i had my keys in, and try to comfort the cat, who is a little upset, but more curious as to what is going on, Sr. Lionel and his friend immediately leave, they had somewhere else to go and were in a hurry, smile while i profess my many thanks (Mental note, remind me to go to the tavern and pay them some beers), D. Alice also quickly leaves for the rest of her breakfast. Crisis averted!!
I sigh and think again: "I am never going to hear the end of this..."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27/6/07 13:58

    ROTFL.
    Aposto que se os teus pais estivessem em lisboa não te terias esquecido da chave. :P

    ReplyDelete