10 November 2006

Where I Am On The Internet: November 2006

Shamelessly stolen from Warren Ellis

My name is Sandra Rosa. I develop software in a small software company. Don't worry you'll never hear from me.
That said i'm a girl with too many hobbies, i play a RPG called D&D and play with many crafts, namely: Beading, Knitting and Origami. I have a very unhealthy obsession with Hello Kitty, Dice and BookMarks.
But what i mentioned above is but a small manifestation of my being, i have other hobbies and obsessions which i share on the web. Mind you that i'm a natural lurker, i enjoy the social aspects of the online existence only when it comes to sharing tastes and information, i have "met" interesting people on the web but most times i stay away from such concepts mainly because i abhor Online Dating and Flaming, you might think me an hypocrite for saying such things while writing on a Blog, but the truth is, i use this as a tool to communicate not with people i don't know, but with people i do already know.
Because i really do spread myself on subjects and most of my friends are usually only familiar with some aspects of myself i am here by making this little post to show on the November of 2006 where i am on the internet, not only that, it will be highly interesting to come read this a year from now.

This is where i spread socially on the web:
http://dadosrosa.blogspot.com: well this one is a no-brainer, you're already in it, it's my blog, for now i'm using Blogger Beta, but i have been seriously considering changing service either to Wordpress or FreeTXP.
In here you can follow such subjects as my Monthly Movie List, my thursday's feature This Week's Music Video and the occasional Hello Kitty Watch oh and my personal life, it's in here somewhere too, if you read this blog i must apologize for the lousy updating frequency, the instability of subjects and my terrible writing (i have often said that i couldn't write to save my life, and this is the place where you can definitely notice it).

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=escalla: commonly referred as LT, it's where i list my books, all my books, even my crafts, RPG and Comic books, (the RPG list is still a work in progress). In there you can browse what i read and what i thought of a book, i don't do Reviews but you can see my ratings (yes i'm overly generous with books i like).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/escalla/: This is where i store my photos, i'm not a brilliant photographer, i'm not even decent at it, but this is the best place i know to store your stuff and check out what everybody else is shooting at as well, i'm picky with my contacts, my list is already too big these days.
Lately i've been doing a little feature there that i call The Faerie, it tells small stories about a faerie i was given, initially it was just for fun, but i see real potential in having the tiny inanimate object judge my life, we'll see how this develops further...

http://www.last.fm/user/escalla/: Here you can see what i listen to, currently it's only getting what i listen while i work, which is a very small percentage of my music habits, because i mostly use my portable MP3 Player while wandering around.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/collection.php?ID=1513: This is a work in progress as i don't currently have any remote idea of the comic books i own, them being in boxes in a cellar, whenever i have a few vacation days i vow to myself that i will dig all that up, organize it and finally list it, i'm having some free days in the beginning of December, who knows...

http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/escalla: I joined BC over 3 years ago, through a site called Meetup.com, and it has dramatically changed my life, through it i have met incredible people who have inspired me, i have been introduced to books that i would probably never have read otherwise and have established genuine friendships. Although the website and it's founder have disappointed me lately i still cherish the "movement".

http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Escalla: I haven't been participating much lately, but you can still see that postcards that i received and sent.
Besides PC is a wonderful idea, give it a try.

http://www.neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=lyagalanodel: LyaGalanodel (don't ask) is my NP username, the online virtual pet simulator is a longtime obsession of mine, i have been in it before joining BC, i remember joining it to "kill time" when i started seriously playing Utopia (i don't play it anymore), Utopia only updates hourly and back then between waiting for some of my IRC pals to come online and getting tired of being picked up by anybody that had an ICQ, i started looking for other online distractions, that was when i found Neopets, i think i saw an ad somewhere, although that is unlikely since the website didn't had advertising then, on an also funny note, i only installed Messenger to communicate with the folks from Utopia, lol i remember hating it and even though it's my main online communication tool these days i still miss dear old ICQ, lately i've also been using Google Talk, maybe there lies the future...
I will not try to justify my love of NeoPets, i like it so much i actually pay for it (no i will not tell you how much). What i can tell you is that the website is a lot more than it appears on the surface.

http://www.bloglines.com/public/scbrosa: Here you can see what i daily read, this website is responsible by most of my online wasted time, don't try to make sense of my organization, it's there for my sake, not yours. If you value your time don't go there.


Hope i haven't forgotten anything, see you all in a year, i wonder what my future self will be doing....

2 comments:

  1. Idem idem o que a Ana diz!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. dnd dice roller

    ReplyDelete