24 November 2006

Rain Denial

It's raining!
It rained yesterday and it will probably rain tomorrow, in fact according to my dad it should rain all weekend, and he's rarely wrong about these things.
Unfortunately! *Sigh!*
I like the winter, i really do, and i even like rain, when i'm happy i gladly wander through the rain, but not this rain, this rain seems to be just wetter than usual (is wetter even a word?). It's also heavier, it really hits you and hurts.
I have a friend that says that he doesn't believe in umbrellas, i do believe in umbrellas but this year carrying one around just feels wrong, it's like if i'm not carrying an umbrella then it won't rain, because i don't have an umbrella. I know, it's stupid, but that's how i've felt.
So this rain denial has so far got me in trouble, it got me soaking wet on several occasions and yesterday was no exception, right now i'm not in rain denial, i know that it will rain whether i carry my umbrella or not, and for the sake of my already sore throat (it always starts with a sore throat) i'm carrying an umbrella.

3 comments:

  1. Olha, passou-se!
    Amiga, amiga, não sei se alguém já te disse mas estás a azular... Comeste alguma coisa que te deixou mal disposta, foi?!
    Dados Rosa em azul não me parece lá muito bem! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umbrellas are a very bad idea on this weather. I've been seeing leftovers of umbrellas all around the city (gone with the wind comes to mind). Don't carry one, you won't be able to use it anyway with the wind. By the way, it's saturday and it's a nice weather outside...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pois, what Joao says. I took out my long rain coat with a hoad and a really strong rain resistant shoulder bag and was sort of OK yesterday. It is the sort of weather which makes me want to go around by car ( something I don´t usually like) except Lisbon traffic gets a lot WORSE ( yesh, it´s possible) during it because everybody feels the same.

    ReplyDelete